The Sunday Times, Fashion Assistant - 1 Year Casual Contract
Reports to: Fashion Director
We are looking for a fashion assistant to join the Sunday Times Style team.
The core responsibility is assisting STYLE's fashion editor and contributing stylists on cover shoots, main fashion and styling across the magazine. The successful candidate will have great brand knowledge, contacts in both luxury and high street as well being hardworking and efficient.
Key magazine accountabilities:
- Managing STYLE's fashion cupboard: oversee all aspects of the fashion cupboard, making sure returns are done accurately and correctly, all equipment needed is in plentiful supply, the cupboard is clean, filing is organised, luggage and all other travelling equipment is in good working order
- Manage all couriers - local and international
- Manage all 2-week work placements: scheduling, induction and recruiting
- Assisting on all fashion shoots for both contributing editors, STYLE's Fashion Editor and STYLE's Associate Fashion Director; including prep, research, mood boards, on-set assistance, steaming, packing, tracking samples, returns and liaising with production.
- Attend daily digital conference with social news and shopping ideas
- Contribute daily digital stories for STYLE's platforms including print, social and video
- Execute weekly shopping digital galleries
- Oversee all aspects of compiling and planning regular weekly shopping pages
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for copy, prices, high res imagery and stockist info for all main fashion, fashion features, shopping pages and additional product
- Work with Fashion Director and commercial team to ensure all advertiser credit targets are achieved each season
- Weekly meetings with commercial team
- Weekly ideas meetings with the Fashion Director and the EIC
- To assist with diary management of senior members of fashion department
- Assist digital assistant and editor when necessary
- Managing the wider team's press diary
- Occasionally styling small features
- Represent STYLE at press days and PR events, store events and appointments and meeting
- Represent STYLE at London Fashion Week
- Contribute to new season trend research
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as a fashion assistant on a high-profile fashion publication or alongside a busy editorial stylist
- Knowledge of international fashion weeks' structure and related planning
- Knowledge of designers, the fashion industry, pop culture, models and current affairs
- Passionate about new trends, brands and the fashion world at large
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Resourceful research skills
- Impeccable phone manner and email tone
- First-class communication skills - can communicate effectively with all levels of seniority across the paper and with external contacts
- Displays an enthusiastic, can do, flexible attitude, especially when facing challenges
- Adapts easily to changing priorities
- Works exceptionally hard, is punctual and is always prepared to put in extra time and effort where necessary
- Keen to embrace extra responsibilities
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure
- Gains respect of work colleagues and is approachable
- Is prepared to work with other team members
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.