Telegraph Media Group, Weekend Sports Production Journalist
5 days left
- Part Time
The Weekend Sports Production Journalist will ensure that sport content is delivered to a high standard, managing pages from inception to publication.
Working in tandem with our dedicated team at PA, you will prepare pages to be subbed and then review and revise them to ensure that they meet Telegraph standards.
- Ensure sport copy and furniture is subbed to the highest standard.
- Work with the Head of Production and Senior Production Journalists to ensure that the Sport print section is of a high quality and published to hit deadlines at weekends.
- Act as a chief sub-editor and revise sub-editor (on a rota basis) to liaise with other Production Journalists and ensure print requirements are met with on-day resources.
- Liaise with the sports desk, ensuring that copy is received on time and to the requirements of the publishing schedule, and to plan production of the print section.
- Work with the Picture desk and team of designers to ensure brilliant layout of pages and choice of images.
- Ability to deputise for the Head of Production on occasion.
Please note prior to applying that this is a part-time permanent position - this role will work late Saturday and Sunday shifts (latest finish at around midnight).
Specific requirements & skills
- Proven experience of driving the print production process forward throughout the day to ensure deadlines are met.
- Have a proven track record for accuracy and attention to detail and ability to rewrite copy to the highest standard.
- Have flair for the look of print pages, including page furniture.
- Have an interest in and comprehensive knowledge across many sports, particularly football, rugby and cricket.
- Demonstrate flexibility with new ways of working, new techniques and streamlining of production processes.
Click 'Apply' now.