Property Week, Data Journalist
Property Week is looking for a data journalist to join its 17-strong editorial team.
We are seeking a dynamic self-starter who is looking to take the next step in their career and produce agenda-setting data journalism for and about an industry at the very heart of the UK economy.
The ideal candidate will be byline hungry, be a strong team player and have a strong work ethic. They will be bursting with ideas for data-based stories and how to visualise data for news, feature and market report stories.
The position is based in Croydon, London.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Generate ideas for data-driven stories for the data page;
- Visualise data for news, feature and market report stories and present data in an engaging way;
- Collaborate with reporters and the art editor to bring data-based stories to life;
- Undertake data-based investigations;
- Help make our online data more interactive;
- To embed data journalism across all Property Week channels;
- Identify significant data trends
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work closely and productively with journalists from the Property Week team;
- Write clear, concise, accurate and eye-catching copy;
- Understand and analyse data and identify the news angle for themselves rather than accept unquestioningly the provider’s interpretation;
- Visualise data and present it in a compelling and engaging way;
- Generate in-house data for stories as well as identify the best external data sources;
- Meet tight and demanding deadlines;
- Confidently interview and build contacts among researchers and data providers face to face and on the telephone as well as via email
Apply by completing the application form below.
Property Week is part of Metropolis International’s UK media portfolio. Metropolis International is a fast growing group, which was established in 1994 and specialises in business & consumer media, discount & loyalty programmes and business software. It employs 240 people and this position is based in Croydon.