HuffPost UK, Life Editor - 12 Month FTC
- Full Time
HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition in May 2011.
HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition, in the UK, in May 2011.
About the role:
- Commission stories across Lifestyle, Parents and Style that are highly relevant to the HuffPost audience and set the agenda in their subject areas
- Work closely with writers on edits to make their copy the best it can be
- Develop series and returning features that will drive loyalty and engagement
- Run daily lists and prioritise workload and publishing schedule
- Be committed to developing diverse voices across HuffPost Life
- Collaborate with the video team to find the strongest stories for the right medium
- Work in partnership with other Life editors to increase quality and trust in HuffPost journalism
- Excellent copy editing skills across both longer reads and quicker takes
- Brilliant briefing skills so that writers feel confident and deliver sound features
- Confidence in structuring a story and spotting the holes in it.
- Collaborative approach to working with reporters and developing ideas
- Generous and open approach to working with other desk editors and senior editors
- Creative thinker who thrives under pressure and isn’t afraid to take risks
- Positive and collaborative team player who is confident in leading writers
- Strong knowledge of social media distribution and social networking tools
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for video as well as written narrative
Click 'Apply' now.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.