Argus Media, Market Reporter
Argus is a fast-growing global media company providing essential information to the commodities industries. We are currently looking for market reporters to join our editorial team to cover specific commodity markets and report on deals, price movements and market news.
This is an excellent opportunity to forge your career covering the economically and politically influential sector of global energy and commodities.
You will apply and develop your skills across daily news reporting, market analysis, features and editorials in this fast-paced environment with the highest standards of journalistic independence and integrity. There are opportunities to travel and present papers at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Monitor and assess markets to produce daily price assessments, market analysis, news and reports
- Daily contact with traders, brokers, investors and key market figures to build relationships and gather news
- Contribute copy to relevant publications and the on-line news service
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with a strong degree
- Ability to develop, source and write industry relevant news to deadline
- Knowledge of the energy and commodity sectors useful but not essential
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Additional languages useful but not essential
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
Click 'Apply' now.
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 850 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
- Competitive salary
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training