The Sun, Digital Consumer Reporter - 12 Month FTC
Reports to: Digital Consumer Editor
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
Our Consumer team write about a vast range of topics from how the Budget affects your finances, to buying your first home and the latest must-have item in Lidl. You'll be working on news, features and video, helping make The Sun's readers richer.
We need a talented, committed journalist to become a key member of this team.
- Knowledge of consumer, personal finance and money saving topics or a background in news reporting and an ambition to specialise
- Experience of breaking news stories, write engaging features, while finding agenda-leading exclusives
- Strong understanding of The Sun's online audience
- Ability to produce sparkling copy at speed
- Knowledge of SEO and web publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key - and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.