ICIS, Market Reporter - German-Speaking
ICIS is one of the world's largest commodity market providers. Our aim is to give companies a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news and analysis, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading decisions.
We are looking for a market reporter with European language skills (particularly German) to join our editorial team in London, covering energy markets including natural gas, power and crude oil.
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for data-driven journalism, who will enjoy building up expertise in the energy sector. You will analyse and assess prices on a daily basis, develop a network within the industry and write insightful commentary and news for an expert audience. You are motivated by breaking exclusive news as well as investigating and explaining what this means for our readers.
- Analysing and assessing price movements in energy markets
- Writing insightful news and analysis explaining price trends and direction
- Analysing large data sets under time pressure to produce accurate price assessments
- Building up and nurturing a wide network of industry contacts
- Developing and showcasing expertise on an energy news beat
- Reporting on complex topics in an engaging and timely manner, using both text and data visualisations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of other European languages
- Experience of working with Excel/Excel-based business tools
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of numerical accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
Click 'Apply' now.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools.
Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI Benefits Package
- Highly Competitive basic salary
- 29 Days holiday (option to 32)
- Pension Scheme
- 2 Paid Charity Days
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- SAYE Scheme
- Season Ticket loan scheme