MoneySavingExpert, News Reporter
At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our Ewloe, London and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues.
We offer competitive salaries plus standard benefits including 27 days holiday, pension, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money.
The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month.
Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting.
In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work.
If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why Join the News Team?
The news team leads MoneySavingExpert.com’s breaking news coverage and spearheads the site’s in-depth investigations into everything from flight delays to credit card fraud.
The news reporter should be someone with a journalism background, an interest in and understanding of personal finance and consumer issues, a flair and passion for writing and meticulous research skills. They will be a key member of the news team with responsibility both for covering on-diary or breaking news and digging up exclusives.
The news reporter will be required to work weekday early and late shifts on a rota basis – early shifts are usually 7am to 3pm, while late shifts are 9.30am to 5.30pm.
What will I be doing?
- Writing and researching news stories
- Liaising with other members of the editorial team for analysis and quotes to include in stories
- Working with the campaigns team to ensure exclusive MSE stories are picked up nationally
- Contributing to the weekly email
- Maintaining key contacts in the industry so MSE is first for breaking news
- Responsible for writing news stories to tight deadlines and high standards
- Fully accountable for the accuracy of all information published in news stories
- Constantly monitoring social media and the MSE forum for news story ideas
What skills and experience do I need?
- A flair for writing and the ability to bring to life often-complex subjects
- Organised and efficient
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective time management/prioritization skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of how to use social media for news reporting
Nice to have:
- Track record in breaking exclusive stories
- Knowledge of and experience of reporting on personal finance and consumer stories
- NCTJ or other accredited journalism qualification
Click 'Apply' now.