Longitude, Editor - Financial Services
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is majority owned by the Financial Times Group. Longitude’s product offering spans three areas: Advisory, a set of services that helps clients to plan and execute effective and differentiated thought leadership campaigns; Research, which encompasses surveys, interview programmes, data modelling and desk research; and Content, which covers multi-format thought leadership campaigns, spanning reports, articles, opinion pieces, visual and interactive content.
We believe that working at Longitude is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a strong, engaging culture that motivates and inspires our team to do great work, learn new things and develop their careers.
- Put quality at the heart of everything we do
- Meet our clients’ objectives every time
- Collaborate and support each other to achieve better outcomes
- Be transparent and open with each other
- Embrace and drive positive change
- Think commercially at all times
- Be proactive and creative
Overview of the role:
Longitude’s Editor role involves designing, writing and editing thought leadership for a range of high-profile clients across financial services. Through experience of covering the sector, the ideal candidate will have a built a good understanding of current and future issues and developed good relationships with industry contacts.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working closely with datasets. You will be responsible for developing research hypotheses, survey questionnaires and extracting stories from data.
You will work on a wide range of content, including long-form reports, opinion pieces, article programmes, narrative and messaging decks, infographics, and related multimedia and social media content.
It is imperative that you work collaboratively with Longitude’s clients. The role entails maintaining excellent standards of service and client communication at all times.
This role reports to the Group Editor (Financial Services). In the course of your work, you will also support each of the directors in the development of projects. You will also be involved in supporting the Editorial Director and Commercial Team on topic and proposal development.
Subject matter knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of key trends and emerging issues across financial services
- Experience of writing about asset management, institutional investment, banking, FinTech, insurance and wealth management
- Good understanding of new technologies and their current and future impact across financial services
- Understanding of regulatory developments in the financial services industry, and how they are impacting market participants
- Proven ability to plan and oversee research or editorial projects and processes
- Strong analytical skills, adept at navigating large data sets
- Strong editing skills, with the ability to structure longer reports in detail and to help authors extract the story from interviews and survey data
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to deliver compelling, clean copy against tight deadlines
- Ability to learn about and deliver new types of editorial product, including digital-first content
- Strong project management and client liaison skills
- Good presentation and influencing skills
- Proactive in solving project and client challenges
- Planning, writing and editing reports, infographics, article programmes, slide decks, social media posts, and a range of other content assets
- Working on survey projects, for example researching the topic and developing survey questionnaires; analysing and reporting on survey data
- Working on proposal development and supporting the sales effort in terms of ideas generation and topic research
- Reporting on project progress, using our project management processes and tools
- Helping to facilitate and lead workshops with our clients on topic and campaign development
- Supporting advisory programmes: compiling literature reviews, competitor reviews and white space analysis
- Working with other partners (designers, production companies) where relevant
- Client satisfaction based on your work, including the ability to respond positively to client feedback
- Editorial quality of your work, in terms of its overall impact, appeal to the target audience, as well as quality of writing and editing
- Your success in managing and delivering multiple projects efficiently and to deadline
- High standard of communication with your colleagues and Longitude’s clients
- Contribution to the development of new editorial ideas, products and other innovations that support the growth of Longitude’s business.
We believe that our whole team should share in our success, and we have a generous biannual bonus scheme to prove it. Alongside that, we offer a range of great benefits, including:
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Monthly employee awards
- Work anniversary gifts
- Work-from-home days
- Days off for life events
- Interest-free travel loans
- Regular social events
- Snacks and refreshments in the office
Click 'Apply' now.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.