Drapers, Art Editor
Drapers magazine is looking to hire an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Art Editor to join it’s London based team.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the art director, editors, writers and marketing teams.
- Laying out and designing exciting and engaging editorial pages on a busy weekly magazine to tight deadlines.
- Sourcing and commissioning photographers and illustrators
- Deputise for the Art Director when necessary and use initiative to make design decisions.
- Checking over pages before they are sent to press, ensuring pages are of an excellent standard with a high attention to detail
Key skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years magazine experience
- Creative flair and a passion for beautiful, smart and engaging editorial design with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent knowledge of magazine design, ,typography, photography and illustration
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional skills in magazine design, as well as experience in commissioning shoots and illustrations.
- Highly creative, must have the ability to think laterally and come up with great design solutions under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to successfully interpret magazine content to our digital platforms.
- Have a passion and awareness of the wider print and digital media landscape.
- Must be extremely well organized and good at managing your workload.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of video, social media and other formats will be an advantage.
Please complete the application form below including:
- CV and covering letter
- PDF of work samples or a link to an online portfolio
- Please state your notice period.