The Sun, Deputy Head of SEO - Online
Reporting to: Head of SEO
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
Purpose of role:
You will help to lead the development of the site's digital growth strategy via search through implementation of regular keyword research, monitoring of trends and content optimisation.
You will deputise to the Head of SEO, managing a large team of SEO editors and reporters and must be willing to take a very hands-on approach to the production and overall quality of content being produced for SEO purposes.
You will work closely with the editorial departments as well as the social, production and commercial teams to drive growth and meet strategic targets. You will work to keep SEO principles at the heart of all editorial and technical decisions.
- Help to develop and implement the SEO strategy across The Sun newsroom
- Help to maintain and develop current editorial SEO workflows and identify new content areas for content creation
- Work closely with both commercial and editorial departments
- Help to lead a team of SEO editors and reporters
- Assist in ensuring SEO best-practice is adhered to across the website
- Monitor algorithmic changes and developments and recommend actions to relevant teams
- Perform regular competitor analysis and identify opportunities to improve and overtake in key markets
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun and Fabulous brands, both print and digital
- Newsroom experience essential
Key skills and experience:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.