AFPTV, News Producer / Video Journalist (Uruguay)
AFPTV is hiring an English-language TV news producer / video journalist for a full-time position on our regional desk for Latin America, based in Montevideo.
Fast-paced and exciting, the job involves producing and editing hard news, features, and lighter stories for web and broadcast clients, working under the supervision of AFP's regional chief editors.
Sharp writing and narrating skills for short-format video packages are essential to the role, as are excellent shooting skills and a keen eye for the visual.
Candidates should be tech-savvy and proficient in using social media. The job requires a multimedia ethos, working closely with the regional text, photo and graphics departments.
The producer will need to be familiar with handling user generated content and other third-party images.
He/she must ensure the reliability of AFP's news coverage and comply with the agency's editorial policy.
AFP's Latin America desk is located in the centre of Montevideo. Seven TV journalists are part of the office's 50-strong team, which works in text, video, photo and graphics across three languages.
- A minimum two years' experience in producing short-format hard news and news feature packages for web and broadcast
- First-rate social media skills and experience of sourcing UGC
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of online video
- Excellent news judgment, knowledge of current events, and a flair for narration
- Native English, excellent French, fluent Spanish. Portuguese a plus
- Strong news-writing skills
- Demonstrable shooting ability with Sony PMW200, EX1, or similar
- Honed non-linear editing skills, preferably on Final Cut Pro/Premiere
- Organisational skills and an eye for detail. Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work anti-social hours, including some weekends
- Field production experience
AFP is a global news agency, delivering fast, accurate and in-depth coverage of the events shaping our world, from wars and conflicts to politics, sports, entertainment and the latest breakthroughs in health, science and technology.
With 2,900 staff and stringers spread across 165 countries, AFP covers the world 24 hours a day in six languages, delivering the news in video, text, photographs, multimedia and graphics.
AFPTV is its fast-growing international television service, delivering a broad range of videos including major breaking news, investigative reports and features.
Apply by completing the application form below.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10 August 2018
STARTING DATE: ASAP