Telegraph Media Group, Assistant Letters Editor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 6 month position on The Telegraph's Letters team.
This is a key role in a small dedicated team selecting and editing readers’ letters for publication online and in print, and will allow you to gain an unparalleled understanding of our audience.
- Assisting with selecting the best readers’ letters for publication each day, digitally and in the paper.
- Responsiblity for editing the chosen letters for sense, spelling and length.
- Working with AEM and other digital content management systems to publish online.
- Making judgments about the content of letters, using a keen interest in current affairs and recent history to do so.
- Taking charge of the Letters page when required, in absence of the editor.
- Opportunities to write for the Comment Desk.
Specific requirements & skills
- Journalistic experience of editing and making editorial judgments about content publication for a newspaper or magazine.
- Broad knowledge of current affairs, modern history and culture.
- High levels of accuracy while working to tight deadlines.
- Digital publishing experience and knowledge of content management systems (ideally DTI and AEM).
- A clear idea of what works online and in print.
Click 'Apply' now.