Financial Times, SEO & Engagement Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
We are looking for an editor or journalist who is passionate about SEO to join the Audience Engagement team within the Financial Times newsroom on a fixed-term contract to cover a maternity leave.
In this role you will evangelise digital strategies, contribute to the transformation of newsroom process and culture, and develop new projects with the aim of increasing reach and visibility of our content in search. You will be working in collaboration with a broader audience engagement team, with a special focus on SEO.
- Empower the FT’s newsroom to implement and experiment with SEO
- Develop close working relationships with editors, communicating daily and through bespoke projects on trends, headline optimisation and other optimisation opportunities
- Review and enhance editorial processes to better implement SEO in the newsroom
- Help plan and lead on content strategies for upcoming news events using analytics to track success and make improvements
- Provide recommendations on best practice digital strategies including social media, community management and building, event management and data analytics
Who we are looking for
You have experience working in a newsroom, or in an editorial or media-related context, and you have a knack for creating change through influence and persuasion.
You will be asked to prioritise and juggle multiple projects, and work in a collaborative fashion, so you are agile and communicative. This collaborative work will happen across teams within the newsroom, and also one-on-one with editors, reporters and interactive journalists.
There will also be opportunities to work with colleagues outside of the newsroom, in the marketing and product departments. So you’ll be curious about the broader business and keen to learn more.
You will be using data to present ideas and develop areas of opportunity, so you should feel comfortable with understanding and explaining analytics. You also have an appetite for discovering and using SEO tools.
We are looking, above all, for an editor or journalist who communicates clearly and confidently, enjoys giving and getting feedback, thinks creatively about solutions and can skillfully translate them to others.
This role will become the main source of SEO expertise within the newsroom along with the Deputy Head of Audience Engagement. As such, some experience of content and headline optimisation is a must.
Applications should be made by clicking 'Apply' by 22 July 2018.