MOJEH, Features Editor (Dubai)
The primary responsibilities of the features editor will be to produce and commission high quality features with exclusive angles, as well as assisting the Managing Editor in organising the team to ensure deadlines are met.
As well as being a highly creative role, you will be responsible for proof reading and fact checking every page after it is subbed, ensuring images are of the right standard and relevant, as well as copy grammatically perfect.
- Generate high quality editorial content and story ideas.
- Provide support to the Managing Editor in planning the magazine’s content.
- Commission freelancers.
- Research and write main features, news stories and any other content that is required.
- Liaise with PRs to secure exclusive interviews, acquire quotes and images when relevant.
- Contribute to creating dynamic cover lines, headlines and sells within MOJEH tone of voice.
- Assist in subbing of the magazine, checking for house style, grammar and spelling for all pages submitted by in-house or freelance writers.
- Work with art director on layouts to ensure that image quality for all articles is of the highest standard, and if it is not assist in researching and negotiating images that are.
- Manage the flatplan in absence of managing editor.
- Occasionally assist in the production/art direction of lifestyle shoots and attend them when necessary.
- Represent the magazine at industry events and interviews when necessary.
We are looking for someone extremely creative to work on a small team. You must love luxury and be ready to write across various topics including fashion, jewellery, lifestyle and culture.
You will be confident in conducting interviews with celebrities, designers and CEOs alike and be able to find intelligent, unique angles for features. The role will occasionally require you to attend photoshoots for editorial features and you will be confident in producing and art directing them.
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role.
- University degree in journalism or similar.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Passionate about fashion, art, design and all things luxury.
- Good organisational and planning skills, capable of working under pressure.
- Be an ideas person.
- Be confident conducting interviews.
- Experience using InDesign to edit copy.
- The ability to multi-task.
- A great contacts book.
Apply by completing the application form below.