The Sun, Snapchat Writer / Editor - Freelance Shifts
Reports to: Snapchat Editor
Purpose of role:
We are looking for talented writers and editors to work on The Sun's Snapchat edition, creating and editing content tailored to its audience. There are different roles available depending on experience.
- Conceive ideas for stories and features for both daily editions and for future features and development
- Write stories and edit existing stories to conform to The Sun's Snapchat style
- Assist team with new publishing on other digital platforms as required
Key Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience of writing and editing copy in a variety of styles for a publisher
- Experience of Snapchat, at least as a user, and a demonstrable understanding of The Sun's Snapchat style
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.
Apply for The Sun, Snapchat Writer / Editor - Freelance Shifts
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly