Hearst, SEO Executive - 6 month Contract
Hearst is looking for a creative and savvy SEO executive to work with our top magazine websites. From millennials to fashionistas and pop culture enthusiasts, you’ll be able to help shape content creation each and every day.
As a brand, Search plays an important role and produces a healthy variety of traffic. Working directly with our SEO manager, affiliate team and editors, you’ll help target areas of opportunity and growth.
Get ready to wear many hats, but here’s what you’ll be responsible for when you’re sporting your (stylish) SEO hat:
- Implement the SEO content strategy for sites that seamlessly mixes into their editorial calendar and tone of voice. Sure, we’re talking about keyword ideas, but also things like new areas of content opportunity overall, emerging trends, ever-changing seasonal opportunities, and innovative takes on what’s buzzing on the InterWebs. #GoogleAssistant
- Optimize content on the regular (meta-palooza!) but find ways to make each optimization creative and fun. Yes, it’s for Search, but it’s great content overall so let’s find ways to have it work on Social, Syndication, and even Newsletters. All for one and one for all!
- Get ready to roll up those sleeves. You’ll work directly in our CMS updating content, meta info, URLs, working on all sorts of internal linking, creating aggregated content pages and whatnot. This is a super hands-on role.
- Interrogate of monthly reports and Google Analytics to brag about what worked, what didn’t and what we should do more of.
- Live and breathe all things Search. Stay on top of the industry, test out new product features, and ensure we’re always playing nicely with every algorithm update. You’re basically like the Algo Police.
- Proven hands-on SEO copywriting experience
- Experience recommending/creating Search specific content
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
- Extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Must have a passion to stay current on SEO and study understand implement the latest ethical techniques.
- Experience with Schema Mark-up
- Experience with Google Search Console
- Experience working with an enterprise level CMS
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Google Analytics
Click 'Apply' now.