Verdict, Technology / Business Journalists
Verdict is looking for two journalists to produce news and features for its daily news site on technology, business and politics. This is an ideal opportunity for ambitious candidates looking to move on from their first job in journalism.
Verdict.co.uk is a site that reports on digital and technological disruption and business and economic themes with a global impact.
We are looking for two journalists to help support the daily operation and on-going development of the site. Ideally one journalist will specialise in business, economics and technology and the other will specialise in lifestyle and technology, although there is some scope for development for the right candidates.
Both journalists will be required to conduct interviews and cover events, and produce regular news and features for the site and for our periodical digital magazines.
Essential job requirements:
- The ability to quickly turn around tight, high-quality copy
- A strong understanding of the concepts underpinning business and/or technology
- Experience finding and pitching news stories and feature concepts
- An NTCJ or PTC qualification or equivalent training
- Previous experience in a professional editorial environment
Preferred, but not essential, job requirements:
- Experience writing articles for SEO
- Enthusiasm for technology and/or business
- Knowledge of design and picture selection
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
Candidates should send a CV and cover letter along with links to three writing samples to Verdict’s Editor, Lucy Ingham, by completing the application form below.
Apply for Verdict, Technology / Business Journalists
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly