Heatherwick Studio, Public Speaking Producer
Heatherwick Studio is looking for a Public Speaking Producer (Talks Producer) to join our Communications Team.
You will be responsible for the delivery of all public speaking and events. You will have a great understanding of the studio’s communications goal and expert knowledge of international speaking circuit to develop public speaking content and programmes for Thomas Heatherwick and Group Leaders. You will be reporting to Communications Manager and working closely with other departments across the studio.
- Work as thought partner to Thomas Heatherwick and Group Leaders to develop and produce new intellectual content for public speaking and events, identifying new themes and research topics.
- Conceive and develop research-based presentations that promote the studio’s projects, core competencies and communications strategy.
- Creating a new graphic visual language to communicate ideas and information to enhance the studio’s brand.
- Produce compelling visual content (such as diagrams, graphic data, archive material, visualisations, infographics, etc.) tailored to audience and speaking style.
- Produce all accompanying marketing and briefing materials.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all key spokespeople.
- Develop speakers’ skills through performance feedback and coaching.
- Providing briefings for speakers based on in-depth research on audiences, related industries, key messaging, risks and event logistics.
- Coordinating with Communications Manager, Business Development Domain, Group Support and Design Director’s Office to maximise business, networking and media opportunities in connection with public speaking.
Management and Logistics
- Start-to-finish control of all presentation and AV content
- Expert management and operation of all studio presentation equipment.
- Very high quality detail focussed technical support for all events either through attendance at UK events or through negotiation with international venues.
- Some off site and evening working, delivering technical support for speakers visiting other venues.
- Being first point of contact for all talk enquiries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with organisers of conferences, forums, symposia and other events in order to secure favourable fees, expenses, agenda placement.
Your experience, skills and attributes:
- Degree level educated in related discipline (2:1 or above)
- Proven track experience of developing conceptual and visual content in a research based role
- Production of high quality visual presentation material
- Logistical events management
- Expert knowledge of presentation software (Keynote / PowerPoint) and graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Expert in both Mac and PC operating systems
- Fluent professional written English
- Experience of working within a communications team
- Negotiating and building relationships with other organisations on behalf of an employer
- Research-based or journalistic experience would be advantageous
- Experience working in the design or architecture industry is a big bonus
- Ability to rapidly assimilate complex information and distil core narratives.
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability with a creative mindset.
- Positive encouraging attitude.
- Understanding of need for message control.
- Articulate, with an excellent phone manner.
- Dependable, honest and punctual.
- Tenacious with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player contributing to a positive working environment.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Able to juggle different projects whilst maintaining a positive outlook.
How to apply:
Please click 'Apply' to apply via Heatherwick Studio's website with your CV and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role.