MLex is an independent media organization (part of LexisNexis) providing exclusive news, analysis and commentary on regulatory risk. Our readers include the world’s leading law firms, corporations, advisory firms and regulators. Our areas of coverage include antitrust and corporate-corruption investigations, mergers and acquisitions, and areas of digital regulation such as data protection.
What we need
Global regulatory risk newswire MLex is seeking a tenacious reporter to join our London team’s coverage of financial crime and corruption.
The candidate will work alongside our lead reporter, assisting in obtaining and writing news and analysis pieces on major regulatory developments. Over time, the reporter will be expected to contribute with own story ideas.
The position could involve covering the latest bribery trial, or unpicking the legal implications of a UK court ruling or legislative change.
The position is ideal for someone who has already had some experience of working in a newsroom.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Some experience in reporting in a fast-paced newsroom environment such as a wire or daily newspaper.
- Eagerness to chase a story and develop and maintain sources.
- Knowledge of business, finance or legal matters is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills and the desire to meet the exacting standards of accuracy our readership expects.
- Curiosity to learn about specific aspects of the law
- Ability to work independently and multitask
The position is based out of our City bureau in Moorgate.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for MLex, Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly