OZY, Newsletter Contributor / Reporter (Remote)
As one of the fastest growing new media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multi-platform / culture publication, created to inspire and engage the intellectually curious.
Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology, and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious
We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news, but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends, and ideas. Three years in, and we reach more than 25M people a month – across web, events and television.
Newsletter Contributor / Reporter
OZY's looking for a full-time, Europe-based writer / editor to help produce the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB), a smart look at each day's important and intriguing news.
The PDB requires fast-paced write-ups and edits to meet strict deadlines, working a remote weekday shift from 2 p.m.-10 p.m. GMT. You should be well-versed in current events, quick on your feet, happy to work remotely and able to deliver smart copy that's full of flavor. Online journalism experience is a plus, as is experience with a CMS and photo editing. You’ll also have the opportunity to write features.
- Contribute interesting, flavorful write-ups of news stories for a daily newsletter.
- Follow breaking news during your shift, updating and writing snappy, smart briefs to keep our readers informed.
- Contribute to other news products as needed.
- Contribute regular features to OZY.com.
- Interested and eager to work as part of a team.
- Experience in online journalism and familiarity with the news landscape.
- Impeccable news judgement.
- Familiarity with AP style and American spelling and punctuation conventions.
Send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.
Apply for OZY, Newsletter Contributor / Reporter (Remote)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly