Express Newspapers, Health Reporter
Reports to: Head of News
Purpose of the position:
To work closely with the Head of News - Express and produce breaking news coverage nationally and internationally for the Express.
- Bring in front page stories and, if requested, features in accordance with IPSO and legal requirements.
- Ensure the Express is at the heart of coverage by providing agenda-setting exclusive stories in line with the Express’s editorial stance.
- Develop sources to start campaigns and initiate investigations relevant to major issues.
- Liaise with senior executives at Express Online to ensure comprehensive digital coverage.
- Collaborate in the newsroom and to engage and support other departments.
- Work closely with the news desk and continue the close cooperation between the Express and Express online.
- Complete all tasks accurately within deadline and in line with budget requirements.
This role will involve close liaison with a number of individuals, including the News Editor and his deputies and assistants, and the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor.
Required critical behaviours:
- High level of professionalism is required.
- Must be a team player.
- Sound judgement and initiative, with ability to make critical decisions in a high-pressured environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of domestic and international events.
- Excellent communicator, ensuring all relevant information is shared effectively, as the role will also involve liaising with other departments in the company.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Required key skills (functional/technical):
- A skilled writer with a strong understanding of news reporting and story structure.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively, with excellent diary management.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Excellent contacts with specialists, key players, politicians, charities and think tanks.
- NCTJ Diploma or equivalent.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and covering letter by completing the application form below.
Apply for Express Newspapers, Health Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly