Virgin Media, Content Editor - Entertainment
We are looking for an ambitious and creative Content Editor to work on our Entertainment hub as part of our Virgin Media account.
You will lead the editorial team and be responsible for handling our weekly editorial output in digital channels. You will also work across all Virgin Media projects and be part of driving publishing innovation for Virgin Media across their comms.
The main focus of this exciting opportunity will be the publishing of entertainment content (TV, film and sports) on the Virgin TV Edit website and the supporting email programme.
This will involve the running of a weekly editorial cycle, including conceiving, commissioning, editing and management of all features and content for the website, as well as contributing writing at times.
As well as this you will be working alongside the Content Director to constantly develop the Virgin Media editorial strategy and resulting creative output on Virgin TV Edit and in all channels. You will also be expected to support in executing wider editorial campaigns for Virgin Media and to identify and shape further content opportunities from within the Virgin group.
Your relevant experience:
You will be expected to have an extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for TV and popular culture with a contacts book in the TV/entertainment industry to match.
You should be able to demonstrate experience and ability in devising and securing features and celebrity interviews relevant to Virgin Media’s mainstream audience.
Experience in writing and editing for both print and online titles is a requirement, with relevant technical skills / knowledge of programs (InDesign, CMS etc). You are expected to have a keen interest in current editorial trends, a knowledge of key brand competitors and an expert understanding of marketing.
You should be a true multimedia journalist with experience in creating channel agnostic content and the ability to consider how Redwood content can be adapted for publishing in other digital spaces. This should be supported by an understanding of reporting and analytics to constantly optimize content and formats.
Your role within the team:
You are expected to be an enthusiastic, resourceful and creative member of the team, demonstrating initiative in every part of your job.
As a senior member of staff, you will be expected to lead the way both professionally and creatively by setting a good example to colleagues within the team and across the editorial department as a whole. In your role, you will be directly responsible for managing a team of internal writers and external freelance contributors and their work.
This is a client facing role and you will be expected to present content plans and ideas to clients and partner agencies as well as contribute to data and findings meetings.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Devising weekly and monthly editorial calendars for publishing across the Virgin TV Edit website and within the supporting email
- Conceiving and commissioning features and story ideas for creation within the Editorial and Art teams at Redwood and through contributors
- Contributing to creative brainstorming on features and ideas for the website/email
- Managing the weekly publishing cycle and editorial deadlines alongside the Managing Editor and Account Management teams
- Editing and reviewing copy and features across Virgin Media channels to ensure they are in line with the editorial strategy, meet the marketing needs of the brand and reflect TOV
- Working with social media and digital advertising channels to ensure that the messaging of the site is unified across all content
- Devising and evolving editorial strategy for the ongoing website and email publishing as well as standalone projects
- Working with the Content and Creative Directors on all projects from initial ideas to delivery
- Working on content campaigns and editorial projects from across the Virgin Media group
Please send your CV or portfolio with a covering note by completing the application form below.
Apply for Virgin Media, Content Editor - Entertainment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly