James Pembroke Media, Multi-Platform Editor
We’re James Pembroke Media, the UK's leading membership and charity media agency, creating magazines, digital solutions and events that engage and inspire. We’re looking for an editor to join the creative team, working with a brand new client on a multi-platform project.
The editor will build strong links with a vocal membership community, putting the clients’ communications on the wider news agenda while generating member-driven content for a bi-monthly magazine. They’ll have experience in managing content-driven websites and busy social media channels.
About the role
- Edit a membership magazine with six issues pa (bi-monthly) consisting of around 25 editorial pages, with potential to take over development of the digital content
- Work with the client to create thought-provoking content and innovative ways to engage readers
- Produce and edit approx 25 pages of editorial content per issue
- Commission writers and check work hits the brief
- Liaise with JPM designers and project managers on editorial content
- Proof pages
- Work closely with advertising team to maximise revenue
- Strive to engage membership and suggest improvements and additions to the magazine
- Ensure schedule is adhered to by all contributors
- Work from home, attending one client meeting per issue and possible client events where necessary
- You’ll have proven experience (a minimum of five years) as editor or relevant role in customer publishing
- Proven expertise in client liaison and account/project management
- Flawless copywriting, editing and sub-editing skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Reliability and efficiency
- Be a collaborative and considerate team player
At James Pembroke Media we deliver results for membership organisations, trade associations and charities across diverse sectors and through multiple channels, and we have been since 2001.
We are experts in shaping communications into products that inspire readerships and increase revenues. Our work builds membership interaction; drives up income and creates a sense of community and ownership for our clients’ diverse audiences. We have offices in London and Bath.
What to do next
If you think you match the description, we’d love to hear from you. Email your CV with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience by completing the application form below.
Closing date: 31 August 2018.
Start date: September 2018.
Apply for James Pembroke Media, Multi-Platform Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly