The Morning Advertiser, Food & Drink Reporter
A rare opportunity to join the award-winning title The Morning Advertiser, the leading publication for the pub and bar trade, has arisen.
The role of Food and Drink Reporter on the award-winning food and drink desk is a coveted position where the right candidate will find himself or herself immersed in one of the most exciting parts of the hospitality sector.
Reporters on the food and drink team are some of the first to experience new launches in the hospitality trade, and often travel the UK and Europe, tasting beers, wines, spirits and various cuisines as part of their role.
Each day is different; one day you will find yourself eating at a Michelin-starred pub or drinking cocktails in a swanky bar, while the next day you could be breaking news about the latest goings on in food and drink or interviewing the head of a major drinks producer.
Our readers are hungry and thirsty for the latest news and insight about the most important parts of their business – food and drink.
As well as writing for the magazine and morningadvertiser.co.uk, you will attend events organised by the brand, including Top 50 Gastropubs and Top 50 Cocktails Bars, as well as major pub industry events organised by a variety of food and drink producers.
If you’re passionate about food and drink and want to give our readers the most exciting stories, then this role is right for you.
- Create content for morningadvertiser.co.uk
- Write features and content for The Morning Advertiser
- Present, film/record and edit videos and podcasts
- Use social media to engage with readers
- Attend key events away from the office
- Help to judge for the UK’s largest pub awards – The Great British Pub Awards and the Publican Awards
- An interest in food and drink
- A clean and clear news and features writer
- Imaginative and creative
- A team player
- Precise and detail-orientated
- A quick and efficient worker
- Willing to work evenings occasionally and to travel
- Confident with a camera to film
- Knowledge of one or more food and drink areas would be advantageous, but not essential
WHY WORK FOR US
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
Apply by completing the application form below.