HuffPost UK, Assistant Distribution Editor
HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition in May 2011.
We are looking for an Assistant Distribution Editor who instinctively understands digital journalism, the way stories go viral and how readers engage with content.
You will understand our audiences and be brimming with ideas for the punchiest headlines, most clickable and trusted app alerts and what makes a thoughtful curated social media account.
About the opportunity
- You will edit the front page of the HuffPost UK website and news app, to best curate our journalism and maximise impact and audience
- Write and edit headlines, using analytics tools to make insights-driven decisions to ensure the best placement on our front page
- Use the most visually arresting images to increase engagement with our original, exclusive and other content
- Develop front page strategy to maximise impact of our weekend content, special projects and for strategies for big events, e.g. the Oscars, Elections
- Nurture HuffPost UK’s relationship with third party platforms (Apple News, Upday, Flipboard, etc) including day-to-day communication to make third parties aware of our priority stories as well working with the news team to ensure we are first to deliver stories to them
- Use analytics tools to improve understanding of what does well on each platform, then use this knowledge to communicate best practice across the newsroom and maximise the impact of our journalism
- Select the most suitable stories to alert from the HuffPost mobile app and Apple News. Write alert text with appropriate tone, reviewing performance of alerts to improve strategy
- Collaborate with other team members to maximise impact on all distributed platforms (including Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Send Daily Brief newsletter and work with Executive Editor, Distribution, to develop newsletter strategy
- Train new starters on our CMS system and provide ongoing support as they learn the system.
- An obsessive follower of current events, politics, international news and popular culture
- Experience of running multiple platforms
- Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment.
- Analytical approach to identifying opportunities and measuring success coupled with a sophisticated understanding of how to use data to inform journalism
- Naturally organised with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time
Click 'Apply' now.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.