CloserStill, Content Assistant - Exhibition & Trade Show Industry
Are you looking for the opportunity to develop your career in content? Are you creative, hard working and outrageously organised? Are you going to impress us so much that we can’t help but give you increased responsibility? If so read on:
CloserStill is a dynamic, fast-growing company that owns some of Europe and Asia’s most successful trade shows. All of our events have seen significant growth both in sales and delegate attendance and this is no accident. We have a team of the most dedicated and talented people in the industry.
The purpose of this new role is to help produce and deliver content covering the latest trends in the technology industry and featuring articles from global tech companies and thought leaders. You will be a fluent English speaker with impeccable writing and communication skills, keen to create editorial and work across a global portfolio of technology events.
- Work with the Editor and wider content and marketing teams to create and gather content; news articles, insight and industry contributions in line with editorial guidelines
- Manage content production to meet requirements for weekly newsletters
- Research opportunities to commission features and interviews from industry experts
- Manage administration of contributions from freelance writers
- Manage phone and email queries from PR contacts
- Build knowledge around various business technology markets, including cloud computing, data centres, cybersecurity and big data analytics, and become expert on related issues
- Proof all online content for grammatical and spelling errors
- Attend all necessary industry events to acquire news stories, network and extend knowledge
- Use content management system and photo editing software to produce articles and accompanying images
What you will offer us:
- Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, photo editing and email software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly understand a market and produce appropriate editorial content
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Get on well with people from all walks of life
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key event times
What you can expect in return:
- The chance to hone your skills in all aspects of editorial and content and learn from others
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career, the company is growing very quickly
- A fair remuneration package, with performance related bonus
- A great place to work
We are searching for a graduate calibre who is looking for an opportunity to join a company that invests in its brands. No previous editorial experience is absolutely necessary, although evidence of written communication must be provided. We particularly want to see evidence of writing features. Knowledge of the technology industry would be an advantage.
Apply by completing the application form below.