FTI Consulting, Associate Director - Financials Team | Corporate Communications
- Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies. We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
The Financial Services team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments. We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team. We are seeking a Senior Director specialising in corporate communications, with experience in asset management / savings and investing. The role will focus on developing and leading existing clients, as well as supporting on growing an established asset management franchise.
Deliver to Clients
- Own and develop excellent client relationships with limited senior supervision
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients and direct accounts on a day-to-day basis
- Lead on a portfolio of retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans implemented
- Bring new ideas and new thinking to client engagements
- Focus and commitment to client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Demonstrate strength and breadth of the team to clients
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients by drafting press releases and arranging client events, in collaboration with junior members of client teams
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Lead the drafting of new business proposals
Build the Business
- Seek new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Supports business development activities, both through growing current accounts and identifying and winning new business opportunities
- Anticipates the evolution and future of the communications industry within Financial Services environment and how FTI must adapt to these changes to sustain competitive advantage
- Can manage full new business process from identification of a lead, through development of a proposal to the delivery of a successful pitch
- Proactively identifies cross selling opportunities across segments, practices and geographies
- Play important mentoring / management role with junior members of the team, formally and informally
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues. Help foster a strong team focused culture
- Ability to lead learning and development initiatives for junior team members, whilst having the willingness and interest to learn new skills for themselves
- Participate in weekly team meetings by contributing ideas, managing agendas and deliverables
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent 2:1 (or equivalent)
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in Financial Services, either in-house or agency side
- Proven track record of leading successful programmes for clients in corporate and financial communications
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media in the Financial Services sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and willing to challenge accepted ideas to create exceptional client programmes
- An agenda-setter – capable of managing and driving the direction of multiple client accounts in a fast-paced and pressurized environment without day-to-day oversight
- Previous experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
- Experience in Financial Services related sectors
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Committed team orientated mindset, with a positive and collegial focus
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Confident in advising on the use of new and established channels and tactics
- Demonstrates energy and desire to provide exceptional client service
Click 'Apply' now.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer