Preqin, Product Manager - Financial Writer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a global financial data provider for a Financial Writer.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced candidate with a proven track record in financial writing or journalism and the ability to product engaging content on the alternative assets industry.
Preqin is an independent research company and a leading provider of data and intelligence to the alternative assets' industry. Headquartered in London, we are rapidly growing and have an increasingly global reach with offices in New York, San Francisco, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Preqin’s clients include fund managers, investment banks, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors, asset managers and placement agents. These key decision-makers rely on Preqin’s information and services, and the company’s data and statistics are regularly quoted by the financial press.
Overview of the Role:
- Produce high-value, insightful written content for professionals in the alternative assets industry, ranging from fund managers, to institutional investors, to service providers (law firms, placement agents, fund administrators).
- Produce content driven by financial data and statistics.
- Stay aware of the latest industry news and trends.
- Utilise Preqin database and external sources to produce content.
- Liaise with cross-functional departments and senior levels of the company.
- Turn concepts into insightful thought pieces.
- Interview C-level and senior level figureheads from leading institutions.
- Assist the Insights team with the production of high-value, well written content.
- Review marketing and readership analytics to contribute to Insights content strategy.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 2.1 degree or above.
- At least 2 years in financial journalism or financial writing (either in-house at a financial institution or financial news outlet).
- Proven ability to write engaging content driven heavily by financial data and statistics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn how to use Preqin’s front- and back-end systems including CRM, CMS and Pro in detail.
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional projects.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure, prioritising as necessary.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex datasets or financial information and present in concise and compelling way.
- Proven ability to write for different audiences and for professionals.
- Experience in interviewing high level executives.
- Alternative assets knowledge desirable, but not essential.
- A competitive starting salary £35k per annum, dependent on experience.
- A quarterly bonus scheme worth between to £2k -£4k per annum for good performance again dependent on experience.
- Travel opportunities between our global offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Sponsorship to undertake professional training and/or industry qualifications up to £900 per annum plus 2 days study leave per annum.
- 25 days holiday, rising to 27 after three years.
- Free access to gym and swimming pool in the office building.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Preqin, Product Manager - Financial Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly