NATS, Community Engagement Manager
NATS is playing a leading role in modernising airspace, part of the UK's critical national infrastructure. We will soon need to undertake the biggest communications and consultation project UK aviation has ever seen.
Do you want to play a key role in helping us to deliver this flagship project?
Being a leading member of the Communications team delivering community, political and media engagement strategies for airspace modernisation.
Drives NATS' delivery of a major programme of airspace modernisation by developing and implementing our engagement strategy for community, political and media audiences; using that engagement to increase trust of NATS' motives in seeking to modernise airspace.
Sources and leads external agencies to develop and deliver social research projects in support of airspace modernisation. Provides experienced advice to Executive and senior management team on social and community drivers affecting airspace modernisation.
- Devises a community relations strategy at national and regional level; sources/recruits/manages appropriate agencies to support its delivery; ensures the strategy is optimised through proper internal coordination and leads its execution between community/political/media audiences and at all internal levels including Executive.
- Designs and leads communications projects to promote airspace modernisation. This will include procuring, briefing and managing external communications agencies.
- Sponsors the creation of collateral appropriate to a range of audiences.
- Handles national and local media engagement with key developments in support of airspace change.
- Ahead of key political interactions figures out pertinent information the relevant NATS representative requires, from the CEO and executive to Senior Leaders, and articulates this in a clear and an effective way.
- Builds and maintains a strong political and media network, with the ability of using their network in order to influence public opinion.
- Monitors and circulates intelligence and advice to support the business; analyses the impact of policy proposals on NATS and recommends appropriate response.
- Member of crisis management team delivering NATS' media and political response 24/7 to major incidents, including participation in the out-of-hours Duty Press Officer roster.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level preferably in a communications related subject
- Significant experience in communications, political, media, social research and/or community relations
- Background in civil aviation/ airspace desirable but not essential
- Excellent written, editing and computer skills; familiarity with social media and awareness of how and when to use it
- Sound judgment, with good news sense and awareness of potentially newsworthy or contentious issues
- Calm in challenging circumstances and able to work to tight deadlines
- A confident self-starter with strong organisational skills to support multiple projects.
Click 'Apply' now.