Digital Spy, Social Media Editor
Digital Spy, the UK’s biggest entertainment website, is looking for a Social Media Editor to continue to grow our social media presence and lead the brand’s social strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing social platforms for a relevant digital brand or publication and will also have an extensive knowledge of, and passion for, the entertainment industry.
Proficiency in Photoshop and social video editing and creation is a must, as we push to adapt our content for social media. Delivering regular reports and action points is key, along with social media training and an understanding of the ever-changing Facebook algorithm.
You will also need clear strategies on how to grow platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Additionally, you’ll have a great eye for spotting breaking news stories on social media ahead of the competition for the DS brand (both for the site and on social). Plus, you will have a strong writing tone and proficiency in English to promote these stories on social.
- Writing and publishing social posts in a time-sensitive manner on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram linking to stories on website (digitalspy.com).
- Identifying breaking news stories relevant to the DS audience and flagging them to the news team, as well as a strong awareness of current trending topics.
- Carrying out daily and monthly social statistics reports for the team and managing editors and being able to provide interpretations and meaning behind the numbers.
- Grow the audience following on our online social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram) whilst maintaining high engagement.
- Creating social images on Photoshop to better illustrate stories.
- Delivering regular social media video revenue with diligent management of our social media video outlets.
- Creating video news stories for the biggest news stories of the day, as well as original memes and GIFs to share on social platforms.
- Assisting Deputy Editor with ideas for video content on the site and on social media, as well as managing monthly social video budget.
- Teach other team members in best social media practices and provide feedback for potential areas of development.
- Manage the continued growth of our Instagram account and work with the Pictures Team to identify suitable content for the platform (creating picture galleries and news images specifically for Instagram).
- Keep on top of the changing Facebook algorithm with regards to clickthrough and reach and track any industry updates in best practice for all social media platforms.
- Experience managing social media for a big and comparable brand or publication.
- Knowledge of social media publishing tools such as Buffer and Social Flow.
- Experience editing video is also a big advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of social media in terms or publishing and reporting.
- Great Photoshop and multimedia design skills.
- A self-starter, who can work autonomously, as well as leading the brand’s social vision.
- Passion and knowledge in developments in social media.
- Experience delivering social media training.
- Experience delivering and managing social media video revenue.
- Great visual design skills.
- Great time management skills.
Click 'Apply' now.