Science Communications Officer
This is a newly created Science Communications Officer position and offers the opportunity for a science communications or marketing/social media specialist to drive community engagement and grow awareness among early career researchers of the work of a not-for-profit organisation supporting scientific discovery in the biological sciences based in Cambridge. The role will start as a one year project with the view to being extended.
- Increase and optimise the community content on journal websites and grow social media presence in China
- Use journal websites and social media channels to engage with the scientific community
- Produce engaging content to attract readers
- Develop a WeChat channel for China-based researchers
- Gather and analyse data on usage and online behaviour to assess and guide strategies
- Collaborate with marketing and editorial colleagues on content such as video interviews
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience in scientific communications, including social media, marketing and outreach
- The ability to write accurate and engaging copy, which is accessible to non-specialists
- Experience using a web content management system to create and publish web content
- Experience with metrics (such as Google Analytics)
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking abilities
- A science degree, or equivalent, ideally in life sciences
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Olivia Constantinides
Tel: 0203 574 4429
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.
Apply for Science Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly