The Sun, Freelance Graphic Designer - Online
Reports to: Head of Design
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a graphic designer to work on a shift basis for The Sun Online team, focusing on graphics for our website and mobile app.
- You must be highly self-motivated, positive and self-starting as well as a team player
- Must be able to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
- Occasional unsociable hours may be required
- Strong creative and technical skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Logo design skills are a bonus
- Excellent grasp of communicating messages using imagery in a clean, well thought out way
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and often under pressure
- Great communication skills, ability to articulate ideas within a team environmen
- tPassionate about design and understand how to deliver a variety of news stories in a well thought out way
- Good general knowledge of UK news, UK TV and celebrities
- Good grasp of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- References must be available upon request
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced news environment is a bonus (but not integral)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.
Apply for The Sun, Freelance Graphic Designer - Online
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly